Doxosome™-Doxorubicin Liposomes (PEGylated)
This formulation of doxorubicin liposomes is PEGylated, and it is similar to commercial Doxil® in size, lipid composition and the amount of the encapsulated drug. The formulation is for research purposes only and for the injection to laboratory animals. Doxorubicin drug is already loaded into the liposomes using remote loading by ammonium sulfate gradient. The formulation is ready for injection.
Non-PEGylated formulation of doxorubicin with properties similar to commercial Myocet is also available. For more information see here.
Surface reactive doxorubicin liposomes suitable for conjugation of various antibodies, proteins, peptides and ligands are also available. For more information about surface reactive doxorubicin liposomes (Immundox®) see here.
Doxosome™-Doxorubicin Liposomes (PEGylated)
|Lipid Composition for Vial 1||Concentration (mg/ml)||Concentration (mM)||Molar Ratio Percentage|
|Hydrogenated Soy PC||9.58||12.22||57|
|Total||15.96 mg/ml||21.62 mM||100|
|Buffers, Liposome Size and Encapsulated Drug Concentration for Vial 1||Specification|
|Inside Buffer||Ammonium Sulfate|
|Outside Buffer||Histidine/Sucrose Buffer|
|Liposome Size||80-100 nm|
|Encapsulated Doxorubicin||2 mg/ml (3.45 mM)|
Liposome Particle Calculator
Doxorubicin liposomes are unilamellar and sized to 100 nm. The molar concentration of liposome is 21.62 mM. By having liposome diameter (nm) and lipid concentration (µM), you can calculate the total number of the lipids in one liposome and the number of the liposomes in one milliliter of the liposome solution. To use the calculator click here.
Doxosome™-Doxorubicin Liposome is a red translucent liquid made of nano size unilamellar liposomes. Usually, due to the small size of liposomes, no settling will occur in the bottom of the vial. The liposomes are packaged in an amber vial.
- All liposome based formulations are shipped on blue ice at 4°C in insulated packages using overnight shipping or international express shipping.
- Liposomes should NEVER be frozen. Ice crystals that form in the lipid membrane can rupture the membrane, change the size of the liposomes and cause the encapsulated drug to leak out. Liposomes in liquid form should always be kept in the refrigerator.
- Clients who order from outside of the United States of America are responsible for their government import taxes and customs paperwork. Encapsula NanoSciences is NOT responsible for importation fees to countries outside of the United States of America.
- We strongly encourage the clients in Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China to order via a distributor. Tough customs clearance regulations in these countries will cause delay in custom clearance of these perishable formulations if ordered directly through us. Distributors can easily clear the packages from customs. To see the list of the distributors click here.
- Clients ordering from universities and research institutes in Australia should keep in mind that the liposome formulations are made from synthetic material and the formulations do not require a “permit to import quarantine material”. Liposomes are NOT biological products.
- If you would like your institute’s FedEx or DHL account to be charged for shipping, then please provide the account number at the time of ordering.
- Encapsula NanoSciences has no control over delays due to inclement weather or customs clearance delays. You will receive a FedEx or DHL tracking number once your order is confirmed. Contact FedEx or DHL in advance and make sure that the paperwork for customs is done on time. All subsequent shipping inquiries should be directed to Federal Express or DHL.
Storage and Shelf Life
Doxosome™ products should always be stored at in the dark at 4°C, except when brought to room temperature for brief periods prior to animal dosing. DO NOT FREEZE. If the suspension is frozen, the encapsulated drug can be released from the liposomes thus limiting its effectiveness. In addition, the size of the liposomes will also change upon freezing and thawing.
Doxosome™ is made on daily basis. The batch that is shipped is manufactured on the same day. It is advised to use the products within 4 months of the manufacturing date.
References and background reading
5. Silva-López EI, Edens LE, Barden AO, Keller DJ, Brozik JA. Conditions for liposome adsorption and bilayer formation on BSA passivated solid supports. Chemistry and physics of lipids. 2014 Oct 31;183:91-9.